A journey into French music through the ages: from the intensely emotional world of Baroque, including New Zealand composer Alex Taylor’s own response, through to the vibrant colours of Ravel’s impressionism, and into the irresistible swing of guitarist Django Reinhardt and the grandfather of jazz violin, Stéphane Grappelli, with the Hot Club de France.
Les Voisins (Neighbours) is a coming together of worlds, neighbours, and friends.
Violinist Justine Cormack and cellist James Bush grew up next door to each other in Christchurch and have remained close friends throughout their diverse careers: Justine nurturing and promoting the best of New Zealand music through her performances with NZTrio, James pursuing the freedom and energy of Baroque performance practice with many of Europe’s top groups. While performing, they met Australian lutenist and guitarist Simon Martyn-Ellis, a sought-after theorbist who exudes musicality, warmth, and positivity.
The result: tenderness, colour and verve.
How to buy tickets:
Single tickets are $40, or $10 for those under 26. A school child attending with an adult who has purchased a full-price ticket is free.
You can buy single tickets by:
• Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and paying by internet banking to
38-9015-0271891-00 with your name in the reference so we can identify you
• Booking online at: Eventfinda Bookings (transaction fees apply)
• Booking over the counter at ‘Visitor i-Sites’ in Wellington, Lower Hutt, Carterton, Masterton and Martinborough
• Phoning Eventfinda: 0800BUYTIX or 0800 289 849 Note: Eventfinda will not accept postal bookings or payment by cheque. Tickets for all online and phone bookings will be emailed to you.
• At the venue: from 2:30pm on the day of the concert (cash only).
The concert is presented in association with Chamber Music NZ.
Sunday 07 May 2023 - St. Andrew's on The Terrace