Well known Wellingtonians, Robert Ibell (cello) and Rachel Thomson (piano) perform a varied programme of cello/piano sonatas spanning 200 years of music.
Robert Ibell, formerly a member of the NZSO, but now a member of the Aroha String Quartet, square piano/cello duo Hammers & Horsehair, the Papaioea Piano Trio and indie/folk/rock band Milkthistle.
Rachel has worked as an orchestral pianist with the NZSO for many years, and is currently Principal Keyboard with Orchestra Wellington. She has won various awards both at home and in the United States, including the NZ National Concerto Competition) and the East Central Division of the MTNA Young Artist Competition (USA). Since her return to New Zealand, Rachel has been part of a number of ensembles to tour under the auspices of Chamber Music New Zealand. More recently she has formed the Koru Trio, a piano trio with NZSO members Anne Loeser and Sally Isaac.
How to buy tickets:
Single tickets are $40, or $10 for those under 26. A school child attending with an adult who has purchased a full-price ticket is free.
You can buy single tickets by:
• Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and paying by internet banking to 38-9015-0271891-00 with your name in the reference so we can identify you
• Booking online at: Eventfinda Bookings (transaction fees apply)
• Booking over the counter at ‘Visitor i-Sites’ in Wellington, Lower Hutt, Carterton, Masterton and Martinborough
• Phoning Eventfinda: 0800BUYTIX or 0800 289 849 Note: Eventfinda will not accept postal bookings or payment by cheque. Tickets for all online and phone bookings will be emailed to you.
• At the venue: from 2:30pm on the day of the concert (cash only).
Sunday 12 May 2024 - St. Andrew's on The Terrace