A monumental programme featuring cornerstone works of the violin and piano repertoire. The virtuosic duo invites audiences to find fresh and exciting ways to experience well-known works.
The duo features the celebrated German pianist Michael Endres and internationally-acclaimed violinist/violist Mark Menzies. These two masters at the height of their careers first played Beethoven’s Kreutzer Sonata together. They had an instant connection. Michael and Mark have since gone on to perform chamber music together at the Akaroa Music Festival and, more recently, have played a featured recital as part of the UC/Arts Centre Chamber Series which included Schnittke’s Quasi una sonata.
How to buy tickets:
Single tickets are $40, or $10 for those under 26. A school child attending with an adult who has purchased a full-price ticket is free.
You can buy single tickets by:
• Emailing email@example.com and paying by internet banking to
38-9015-0271891-00 with your name in the reference so we can identify you
• Booking online at: Eventfinda Bookings (transaction fees apply)
• Booking over the counter at ‘Visitor i-Sites’ in Wellington, Lower Hutt, Carterton, Masterton and Martinborough
• Phoning Eventfinda: 0800BUYTIX or 0800 289 849 Note: Eventfinda will not accept postal bookings or payment by cheque. Tickets for all online and phone bookings will be emailed to you.
• At the venue: from 2:30pm on the day of the concert (cash only).
The concert is presented in association with Chamber Music NZ.
Sunday 18 June
3:00 pm, St. Andrew's on The Terrace
Franz Schubert – Rondo Brillant in B minor D895 (Op. 70)
Alfred Schnittke – Violin Sonata No. 2, ‘Quasi una sonata’
Salina Fisher – Mono no aware (物の哀れ)
Ludwig van Beethoven – Violin Sonata No. 9, Op. 47, ‘Kreutzer’