Founded in 2004, this well-known, versatile Wellington-based quartet is known for its passionate musicality, impressive technique, and multicultural innovation. Haihong Liu (violin) and Zhongxian Jin (viola) are original members of the Aroha Quartet. Robert Ibell (cello) joined the group in 2009 and Anne Loser (violin) in 2021.
The NZSO’s Principal Bass Clarinet since 1995, Rachel Vernon joins them for the three clarinet quintets in the programme.
How to buy tickets:
Single tickets are $40, or $10 for those under 26. A school child attending with an adult who has purchased a full-price ticket is free.
You can buy single tickets by:
• Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and paying by internet banking to
38-9015-0271891-00 with your name in the reference so we can identify you
• Booking online at: Eventfinda Bookings (transaction fees apply)
• Booking over the counter at ‘Visitor i-Sites’ in Wellington, Lower Hutt, Carterton, Masterton and Martinborough
• Phoning Eventfinda: 0800BUYTIX or 0800 289 849 Note: Eventfinda will not accept postal bookings or payment by cheque. Tickets for all online and phone bookings will be emailed to you.
• At the venue: from 2:30pm on the day of the concert (cash only).
Sunday 01 May
3:00 pm, St. Andrew's on The Terrace
Wolfgang Mozart – Clarinet Quintet in A K581
Astor Piazzolla – Oblivion for Clarinet and String Quartet
Johannes Brahms – Clarinet Quintet in B minor Op 115