Violinist Yuka Eguchi is joined by pianist Kemp English in a programme of highlights from the violin and piano duo repertoire including Beethoven’s timeless Spring Sonata alongside classic violin encore favourites such as Monti’s firecracker Csárdás and Massenet’s magical “Méditation” from Thaïs.
Yuka Eguchi has been Assistant Concertmaster of the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra since 2015, prior to which she had been a prize winner in a number of leading international violin competitions including the prestigious Paganini Competition. Kemp English has an extensive discography with critically acclaimed recordings released under the Decca, Naxos and Ode labels. He is renowned as a specialist fortepiano exponent and organist.
How to buy tickets:
Single tickets are $40, or $10 for those under 26. A school child attending with an adult who has purchased a full-price ticket is free.
You can buy single tickets by:
• Emailing email@example.com and paying by internet banking to
38-9015-0271891-00 with your name in the reference so we can identify you
• Booking online at: Eventfinda Bookings (transaction fees apply)
• Booking over the counter at ‘Visitor i-Sites’ in Wellington, Lower Hutt, Carterton, Masterton and Martinborough
• Phoning Eventfinda: 0800BUYTIX or 0800 289 849 Note: Eventfinda will not accept postal bookings or payment by cheque. Tickets for all online and phone bookings will be emailed to you.
• At the venue: from 2:30pm on the day of the concert (cash only).
The concert is presented in association with Chamber Music NZ.
Sunday 10 July
3:00 pm, St. Andrew's on The Terrace
Edward Elgar – Salut d’Amour (Liebesgruss), Op 12
Ludwig van Beethoven – Violin sonata No 5 in F major, Op 24 “Spring”
Maria Theresia von Paradis – Sicilienne
Anthony Ritchie – Song for Minstrel, Op 120
Jules Massenet – “Méditation” from Thaïs
William Kroll – Banjo and Fiddle
George Frideric Handel – Sonata in D major HWV371
Niccolò Paganini (arr. Robert Schumann) Caprice in A minor Op1 No 24
Fritz Kreisler – Recitativo and Scherzo — Caprice for solo violin, Op 6
Fritz Kreisler – Liebesleid
Fritz Kreisler – La Gitana
John Williams – Theme from Schindler’s List
Vittorio Monti – Csárdás