Based in Wellington, Ensemble Gô brings together New Zealand String Quartet’s violinist, Monique Lapins and Japanese percussionist, Naoto Segawa, in their pursuit and discovery of new music.
Lapins and Segawa present an eclectic programme of compositions from across the globe including South Africa, Denmark, United States of America, the Netherlands and New Zealand.
Included in this programme is the premiere of a work by New Zealand composer, Linda Dallimore, winner of the inaugural CMNZ Commissioning Prize. This award has been established for a composer not previously commissioned by CMNZ.
“I am absolutely delighted to be the inaugural recipient of the CMNZ Commissioning Prize, and I can’t wait to work with Ensemble Gô! …This opportunity comes at a pivotal juncture in my career, as I’m about to graduate from Yale with a Master of Musical Arts in composition. It’s wonderful to have the chance to connect with local musicians and audiences around New Zealand.”
– Linda Dallimore
This unusual combination of violin and marimba performs works specifically written for these instruments.
How to buy tickets:
Single tickets are $40, or $10 for those under 26. A school child attending with an adult who has purchased a full-price ticket is free.
You can buy single tickets by:
• Emailing email@example.com and paying by internet banking to
38-9015-0271891-00 with your name in the reference so we can identify you
• Booking online at: Eventfinda Bookings (transaction fees apply)
• Booking over the counter at ‘Visitor i-Sites’ in Wellington, Lower Hutt, Carterton, Masterton and Martinborough
• Phoning Eventfinda: 0800BUYTIX or 0800 289 849 Note: Eventfinda will not accept postal bookings or payment by cheque. Tickets for all online and phone bookings will be emailed to you.
• At the venue: from 2:30pm on the day of the concert (cash only).
The concert is presented in association with Chamber Music NZ.
Sunday 14 August
3:00 pm, St. Andrew's on The Terrace
Johann Sebastian Bach – Prelude, Gavotte en Rondeau BWV1006
Anders Koppel – Romeo and Juliet at Gare du Nord
Ross Harris – Strings and Wood
Peter Klatzow – Sonata for violin and marimba
Linda Dallimore – Matariki (CMNZ Commissioning Prize)
Anders Koppel – Tarantella
Jacob “JacobTV” ter Veldhuis – The Body of your dreams